Spike Collection FW2014

Spike Collection FW2014
30 years of Norwegian jewellery design - 2014

mandag 18. juni 2012

A trip to the Philippines -2





We get out of the tricyckle and into the pumpboat that will take us to the island.Its time to eat the mango, juicy and sweet.  

The Philippine waters are crystal clear, everywhere are untouched beaches, coconut trees and islands.
We reached Romblon.  An island which we knew well from old times.  It was still quiet, hardly no cars.  That lazy island atmosphere, where life goes slow, and you can just relax !
We went to the food market.  No supermarket in sight !  Simple local food, caught nearby.  I dont think the inhabitans know how cool that is !!  People were smiling, and sometimes calling out "Hey Joe".  He he, the white foreigners are all Joes in the eyes of the Philippinoes.  We just smile and call back.  No problem !
Its so strange what happens to me.  All the words in the local language, I thought I had forgotten, comes into my mouth.  I know alomost everything, what everything is called.  I had never thought Id remember, but yes !  its still there.  All the beans, garlics, fishsorts, the different local vinegars and fishsauces.  The fruits and and vegetables.  Funny how the brain works ?  I loved it !
  
We bought a fish, some onions and tomatoes.  And some nice San Miguel beers.  We take the boat out, and finds a local woman who cooks it for us.  She cooked on an open fire, just the same way I used to when we lived there.   

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar